Your comprehensive guide to folk events in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Following a particular act? Or just checking out one venue? Choose from the tags to refine your search of local events.
For regular music sessions, check our links page:
Are you a folk event organiser, host or performer? If you would like your events to be listed on the CVFolk Calendar, please email all information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Doors: 6.45pm | Start time: 7.30pm
Acclaimed Coventry musicians Chris Green and Sophie Matthews – with special guest Jude Rees of Pilgrims’ Way – present a festive romp through 600 years of Christmas music, songs and carols. Beginning in the Middle Ages and ending in the 20th century, ‘A Brief History of Christmas’ is a whistle-stop tour of the origins of our midwinter festivities. Featuring long-forgotten songs and tales as well as some familiar and well-loved carols, ‘A Brief History of Christmas‘ is a show guaranteed to delight the hearts of young and old.
The show takes in 600 years of music – featuring music and songs played on archaic instruments such as cittern, shawm and rauschpfeife, as well as more familiar instruments such as guitar, flute, oboe and accordion – all helped along by GreenMatthews‘ trademark wit and humour.
‘A Brief History of Christmas‘ is the perfect show for anyone looking to recapture the simple Yuletide delights of fellowship, laughter and good cheer.
“Eclectic and enjoyable – a bewildering array of instruments” English Dance and Song
Suitable for age 8
- 8:00 p.m. The Raven, Brinklow, CV23 0LN.
- 8:30 p.m. Golden Lion, Easenhall, CV23 0JA.
- 9:00 p.m. The Old Lion, Harborough Magna, CV23 0HQ.
- 9:30 p.m. Denbigh Arms, Monks Kirby, CV23 0QX. – followed by music session
- 10:30 a.m. Pantolf Place, Newbold on Avon, CV21 1HR.
- 11:00 a.m. Newbold Road, Newbold on Avon, CV21 1EF.
- 11:35 a.m. St Botolph’s Church, Newbold on Avon, CV21 1HH.
- 12:15 p.m. Manor House Close, Newbold on Avon, CV21 1HB.
- 1.00 p.m. The Barley Mow, Main Street, Newbold on Avon, CV21 1HW followed by Music Session
- 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Ashow, CV8 2LE.
- 11:00 a.m. Stoneleigh Close, CV8 3DE.
- 11:30 a.m. ‘The Bank’, CV8 3DA.
- 12 noon Church Lane, CV8 3DN.
- 12:45 p.m. Walkers Orchard, CV8 3JG.
- 1:15 p.m. Stoneleigh Village Club, CV8 3DH.